How does the two-factor authentication save you from that?
After you enable the feature, Facebook starts to ask you for additional ways of verification when you log in your account from different browsers which make the process more legitimate.
You will also get alerts if someone tries to access your account from another device which makes it easier to exclude hacking it.
So how do you turn it on? Copying an instruction which was sent to me by a Facebook representative:
- Go to your Security and Login Settings.
- Scroll down to Use two-factor authentication and click Edit.
- Choose the security method you want to add and follow the on-screen instructions.
When you set up 2FA on Facebook, you’ll be asked to choose one of two security methods:
- Login codes from a third party authentication app.
- Text message (SMS) codes from your mobile phone.
This will make it much more easy for you to switch between accounts, business managers, browsers and devices